Robotics Sales Engineer – Los Angeles
The job of the Stäubli Sales Engineer – Regional Sales Manager is to gain market share at a profitable level within his assigned territory for the products manufactured and sold by Stäubli Robotics Division.
National Sales Manager
General responsibilities and objectives
- Visit of prospective and existing customers in order to present Staubli and the product range
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to prospective and existing customers
- Collaborate with technical sales support team to understand customer requirements and propose the right technical solution
- Understand the technical solution and provide the right product to meet customer needs
- Secure and renew orders. Work with Inside Sales team to quote and secure new and repeat orders. Check in with customers throughout order process (invoice, shipping, post shipment)
- Primary contact to help the customers solve problems with installed equipment through the after sales service and support teams (Service, Applications Engineering)
- Explain the benefits of Staubli robots vs. competitors to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Work in collaboration with the Business Development team in researching and developing new potential customers
- Utilize the CRM system for information management, tracking and reports
- Participate and remain proactive in trade shows and open house events as well as quarterly sales meetings
- Territory cover (SoCA, AZ, NM, UT, CO, SoNV)
Sales Engineers in Staubli Robotics are specialized in technologically and scientifically advanced products. They use their technical skills to explain the benefits of Staubli products or services to potential customers and to show how Staubli products or services are better than their competitors’ products. They must convince the customer to buy Staubli products or services, negotiate a price and complete the sale. To do this, Staubli Robotics sales engineers give technical presentations during which they explain the technical aspects of the product and how it will provide a specific customer solution. In parallel to given technical presentations, the Staubli Robotics sales engineers are expected to complete other tasks related to sales, such as market research and prospection with the collaboration of the Business Development team. The Staubli Robotics sales engineer needs to understand the technical requirements from potential OEM customers in order to modify and adjust products to meet the OEM customer’s specific needs.
Most of the time will be spent travelling (3 or 4 days per week) for prospective and existing customer visits and 1 or 2 office days per week for the administrative duties.
Education and Training
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required (engineering or technical background preferred)
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Email: [email protected]